Welcome Susannah!



The team have been eagerly waiting for Susannah Rickards to join the Strictly Writing blog. She is a busy bee but has finally carved out time for us and we look forward to her first post - no pressure there, then, Susannah!


Here's a short word from the woman herself!


"I'm from the North East but now live in Surrey with my twin boys and my husband. I write mainly short stories and have had them, and poetry anthologised, broadcast and won/placed in a few awards. I teach creative writing and literacy and also waitress to earn a living. I love Lit Fic and Crime and am trying to write a second crime novel. The first is in a box and the second is heading that way. Short lit fic is my first love as a reader and writer. I love Kyle Minor, Tobias Wolff, Alice Munro, Chekhov, Graham Greene and many many more. Also love dancing, climbing hills, biking through the woods and tickle tournaments with my boys."


Welcome on board, Susannah!

14 comments:

Administrator said...

Sounds like you have diverse experience, Susannah - great to have you on the team.

And yay to tickle tournaments:)

Julie P said...

Hello, Susannah! Yay for tickle tournaments too! I don't have two boys but I have a four yr old girlie and 48 yr old husband who stands in very well as a child!!

Administrator said...

LOL, Julie!

Susie Nott-Bower said...

YAY to see you here, Susannah! And look forward to your first post.
Susiex

Geraldine Ryan said...

Welcome fellow twin-mum! Looking forward to reading your posts!

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gillian McDade said...

Welcome Susannah! I read your biog too fast and wrongly interpreted the line as: "I love Kylie Minogue!"

Caroline R said...

Welcome to the team, Susannah!

Caroline Green said...

Great to have you, Susannah!

Susannah Rickards said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome. Just got back from a long day waitressing with fantastic fly on the wall stuff which will go straight into the notebooks. I love listening into the conversations...

Intrigued to know what welcome message could possibly have been removed by a blog administrator...

Gillian, lol, my husband loves Kylie Minogue so not too far from the truth!

Susannah Rickards said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome. Just got back from a long day waitressing with fantastic fly on the wall stuff which will go straight into the notebooks. I love listening into the conversations...

Intrigued to know what welcome message could possibly have been removed by a blog administrator...

Gillian, lol, my husband loves Kylie Minogue so not too far from the truth!

Fionnuala said...

Welcome Susannah. Good to have you here!

Geraldine Ryan said...

I've heard Kylie's Collected Short Stories are very good!

Roderic Vincent said...

Welcome, Susannah!